AARP volunteers are certified by the US IRS to prepare most common RI and MA returns for low and moderate income taxpayers. Other state returns may be prepared, depending on complexity. All Returns are quality reviewed and electronically filed. Refunds are usually received within two to three weeks after filing. All of our sites are walk in, with sign up sheets.
Please bring the following items:
- Picture ID,
- copy of last years return, or Social Security Card for all dependents,
- Income Documents (W2, SSA, 1099, Brokerage statements),
- Deduction Documents (mortgage, taxes, itemized expenses, IRA contributions),
- Credit information (energy, education, child care},
- a copy of bank check for direct deposit,
- and other items as necessary.
Click here to learn more about the AARP Tax Preparation Assistance Program and additional site locations.
Assistance for filing the 2019 tax year is available beginning February 3rd – April 15th of 2020 in the Hall Community Room*
Mondays 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Wednesdays 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am – 2:00pm
*check the calendar listed below for specific day information