Volunteers from the AARP will once again be available at the Library to assist with preparing and filing personal income taxes. Assistance will run from Saturday, February 2nd through Saturday, April 13th in the Library Community Room.
AARP volunteers are certified by the US IRS to prepare most common RI and MA returns for low and moderate income taxpayers. Other state returns may be prepared, depending on complexity. All Returns are quality reviewed and electronically filed. Refunds are usually received within two to three weeks after filing. All of our sites are walk in, with sign up sheets.
Please bring the following items:
- Picture ID,
- copy of last years return, or Social Security Card for all dependents,
- Income Documents (W2, SSA, 1099, Brokerage statements),
- Deduction Documents (mortgage, taxes, itemized expenses, IRA contributions),
- Credit information (energy, education, child care},
- a copy of bank check for direct deposit,
- and other items as necessary.