Summer Reading Challenge 2020 – Monday, June 1st to Friday, August 21st
Summer Reading Basics
- Children can earn tickets by completing activities, logging minutes read, and writing book reviews! These tickets are used in our virtual drawings.
- There are weekly reading raffles running for 10 weeks, with the first drawing taking place on June 19th.
- There is a bonus early bird registration drawing for people who register by June 12th. Children are automatically entered into this drawing based on registration date.
- The same automatic entry also applies to the grand prize drawings based on completing 10 hours read.
- All age groups for the SRC require 10 hours read for completion. Activities and book reviews do not count towards the completion badge, but will give you bonus tickets for the weekly drawings.
We’ve built our Summer Reading Challenges to include the whole family, we have challenges for teens and adults, too!
Storytimes During Coronovirus
Storytimes are one of the most popular events that we have in the library. It is the highlight of our week to share stories, songs, flannelboards, and movement activities with your family, and we still want to provide storytimes to you during this time.
Please join us on our Facebook page every week at 10am on Fridays when we’ll be posting a new storytime! Round up your preschoolers and toddlers to enjoy stories, rhymes, songs and fun with our children’s librarian. A Facebook account is not required for viewing. Simply click the links and enjoy.
You can find additional resources below for stories to share with your children.
Check out their schedule of free live stream events with authors and illustrators to see which ones are a good fit for your family or classroom. Stimola Live is a website of live stream events for kids, tweens, teens and the adults who read and make children’s books. All events are hosted by professional authors and illustrators represented by Stimola Literary Studio.
Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators worldwide. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for English-language learners.