Middletown Public Library – Updated June 30, 2021
- If you are not fully vaccinated, then we ask that you continue to follow masking guidelines. More information on the guidance that we are following may be found here: https://reopeningri.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Best-Practices-Doc-.pdf
- Staff-assisted circulation and self check out are both available.
- Seating is available. Our study rooms and meeting rooms are currently closed. Our WiFi access is accessible from the parking lot in various areas.
- Public access to the library building is offered with safety restrictions in place. While our computers are limited in number, public computer access will continue to be offered by appointment: use the same procedure as requesting curbside loans; call 401-846-1573 ext. 1; or email email@example.com to schedule your computer appointment or curbside pick up. Drop-in appointments will be based on the availability of public computers.
- Public access hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00am to 7:00pm and Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00am to 5:00pm. We are now closed on Sundays. Sunday hours will resume the Sunday following Labor Day and will continue through the Sunday before Memorial Day. The Library will also be closed on Sundays preceding a Monday Holiday.
- Bookstore : Hours are Monday-Thursday from 10:30am to 4:30pm, and Friday-Saturday from 9:30am -2:30pm. If you are interested in making a Large Book donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off time. Smaller donations may be dropped off at the circulation desk during the Library’s regular business hours. We appreciate receiving books in gently used condition and do not accept textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, or vinyl records. Thank you for your continued support of the Friends Bookstore.
Important Information for you to know about ongoing Library Services:
- Fines – Collection of fines will resume on July 01, 2021 for materials returned late.
- Holds – Ocean State Libraries has limited the number of holds that can be placed through the online catalog to 20 items per card.
- Digital Content – Please explore our expanded digital content that includes Freegal, Hoopla, Kanopy, RBDigital, Universal Class, Ancestry, Consumer Reports,, and other offerings, both on our website and through AskRI.
- Printing Needs – Wireless printing is available through PrinterOn. Contact the Library at 401-846-1573 ext. 4 to request a release of your prints and to schedule a pickup. Leave a voicemail and all calls will be returned in a timely manner. Need help? We will do our best to walk you through this process remotely.