Middletown Public Library will be expanding our In-Library Service Hours to include weekend hours. We are excited to welcome you back to the Library!
APPOINTMENTS CONTINUE TO BE REQUIRED FOR COMPUTER USE ONLY
FRIENDS’ BOOKSTORE RE-OPENING OCTOBER 13TH
Middletown Public Library
October 01, 2020 Phase III
- Public access to the library building is now offered with safety restrictions in place. Public computer access will continue to be offered by appointment: use the same procedure as requesting curbside loans; call 401-846-1573 ext. 1; or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your computer appointment. Drop-in appointments will be based on availability of public computers.
- Public access hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00am to 7:00pm and Fridays from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Weekend hours now consist of 10:00am to 5:00pm on Saturdays and 1:00pm tp 5:00pm on Sundays. The Library will be closed on Sundays preceding a Monday Holiday. Use of Public Computers (by appointment) is now offered during all In-Library Service Hours.
- Bookstore Hours will resume on October 13th; Bookstore Hours: Mondays – Thursdays 10:00am to 4:00pm, Fridays & Saturdays, 10:00am to 2:00pm : Only 1 patron or family will be allowed access into the Bookstore at one time
- Revised Reopening RI Guidelines for Libraries posted 6/29/2020 by the RI Office of Library and Information Services:
- Capacity is 100sq.ft./person including staff; this translates to no more than 5 persons using the public computers and no more than 5 persons entering for circulation transactions in both the adult and children’s areas.
- Masks and health screenings are required for entry. Masks are to be worn at all times while in the library; employees are self screened, members of the public are verbally screened. Entry is not permitted for any one “Yes” response per RIDOH.
- All browsing is contactless.
- Staff assisted circulation and self check out are both available.
- Access to technology, i.e. computers, copiers, printers, is restricted to 1 hour per appointment.
- In person reference assistance is available.
- Physical access to the children’s department, all book stacks, and a/v is available with limits of no more than 5 persons entering for circulation transactions in the adult and children’s areas, and restrictions of one patron/family per aisle.
- Currently there is no seating for quiet study, research, reading, meetings or tutoring sessions. Our wifi access is accessible from the parking lot in various areas.
- All current library services via phone, email, and website will continue, including curbside loan pickup.
Important Information for you to know about ongoing Library Services:
- Fines – Patrons will not be charged overdue fines from March 1, 2020 through November 22, 2020.
- Holds – Ocean State Libraries has limited the number of holds that can be placed through the online catalog to 20 items per card.
- Donations – DO NOT drop donations into our return bins. DO NOT leave donations outside the library. We cannot safely handle donations at this time.
- Digital Content – Please explore our expanded digital content that includes Freegal, Hoopla, Kanopy,, RBDigital, Universal Class, Ancestry, Consumer Reports,, and other offerings, both on our website and through AskRI.
- Printing Needs – Wireless printing available through PrinterOn. Contact the Library at 401-846-1573 ext. 4 to request a release of your prints and to schedule a pickup. Leave a voicemail and all calls will be returned in a timely manner. Need help? We will do our best to walk you through this process remotely.