Middletown Public Library has expanded our service hours to include Saturdays and Sundays.
APPOINTMENTS CONTINUE TO BE REQUIRED FOR COMPUTER USE ONLY
- FRIENDS’ BOOKSTORE REMAINS CLOSED AT THIS TIME : Book Donations will be accepted on Saturday, April 10th, Monday, April 12th, Saturday, April 17th and Monday, April 19th between 11:00am and 2:30pm. We appreciate receiving books in gently used condition and do not accept textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, or vinyl records.
Middletown Public Library – Updated March 24th, 2021
- Public access to the library building is now offered with safety restrictions in place. Public computer access will continue to be offered by appointment: use the same procedure as requesting curbside loans; call 401-846-1573 ext. 1; or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your computer appointment. Drop-in appointments will be based on availability of public computers.
- Public access hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00am to 7:00pm and Fridays from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Weekend hours now consist of 10:00am to 5:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Sunday hours will be in effect from the Sunday following Labor Day through the Sunday before Memorial Day. The Library will also be closed on Sundays preceding a Monday Holiday. Use of Public Computers (by appointment) is now offered during all Service Hours.
- Bookstore : The Bookstore remains closed at this time – Book Donations will be accepted on Saturday, April 3rd and Monday, April 5th between 11:00am and 2:30pm. We appreciate receiving books in gently used condition and do not accept textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, or vinyl records.
- All current library services via phone, email, and website will continue; including curbside loan pickup.
- Revised Reopening RI Guidelines for Libraries updated 03/24/2021 by the RI Office of Library and Information Services:
- Capacity is 50sq.ft./person including staff; this translates to no more than 5 persons using the public computers and no more than 10 persons entering for circulation transactions in both the adult and children’s areas.
- Masks and health screenings are required for entry. Masks are to be worn at all times while in the library. Employees are self screened, visitors are directed to review the Reopening RI Covid-19 Screening Tool posted at the entrance. Entry is not permitted for any one “Yes” response per RIDOH.
- All browsing is contactless.
- Staff assisted circulation and self check out are both available.
- Access to technology, i.e. computers, copiers, printers, is restricted to 1 hour per appointment.
- In person reference assistance is available.
- Physical access to the children’s department, all book stacks, and a/v is available with limits of no more than 10 persons entering for circulation transactions in the adult and children’s areas, and restrictions of one patron/family per aisle.
- Currently there is no seating for quiet study, research, reading, meetings or tutoring sessions. Our wifi access is accessible from the parking lot in various areas.
Important Information for you to know about ongoing Library Services:
- Fines – Patrons will not be charged overdue fines from March 1, 2020 through May 31st 2021
- Holds – Ocean State Libraries has limited the number of holds that can be placed through the online catalog to 20 items per card.
- Donations – Book donations will be accepted on Saturday, April 3rd and Monday, April 5th between 11:00am and 2:30pm. We appreciate receiving books in gently used condition and do not accept textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, or vinyl records.
- Digital Content – Please explore our expanded digital content that includes Freegal, Hoopla, Kanopy,, RBDigital, Universal Class, Ancestry, Consumer Reports,, and other offerings, both on our website and through AskRI.
- Printing Needs – Wireless printing available through PrinterOn. Contact the Library at 401-846-1573 ext. 4 to request a release of your prints and to schedule a pickup. Leave a voicemail and all calls will be returned in a timely manner. Need help? We will do our best to walk you through this process remotely.
Updated on March 24, 2021: Retail Guidelines, limited access is 50sq.ft. person