Middletown Public Library will be expanding our In-Library Service Hours during Phase III beginning on July 1, 2020.
Appointments continue to be required for entry into Library
Middletown Public Library
July 1, 2020 Phase III
- Public access to the library building is by appointment: use the same procedure as requesting curbside loans; call 401 846 1573; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public access hours are Monday and Wednesday 2pm-7pm; Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 11am-4pm. Public computer access is offered during public access hours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Revised Reopening RI Guidelines for Libraries posted 6/29/2020 by the RI Office of Library and Information Services:
- Capacity is 100sq.ft./person including staff; this translates to no more than 5 persons using the public computers and no more than 5 persons entering for circulation transactions.
- Masks and health screening required for entry; employees are self screened, members of the public are verbally screened. Entry is not permitted for any one “Yes” response per RIDOH.
- All browsing is contactless.
- Staff assisted circulation and self check out are both available.
- Access to technology, i.e. computers, copiers, printers, is restricted to 1 hour per appointment.
- In person reference assistance is by appointment.
- Physical access to the children’s department, all book stacks, and a/v is not available but staff will page materials upon request.
- Currently there is no seating for quiet study, research, reading, or meetings.
- All current library services via phone, email, and website will continue, including curbside loan pickup.
Important Information for you to know about ongoing Library Services:
- Due Dates – All due dates on current loans have been extended to July 8th.
- Fines – Patrons will not be charged overdue fines from March 1, 2020 through September 13, 2020.
- Holds – Ocean State Libraries has limited the number of holds that can be placed through the online catalog to 15 items per card. Holds that are currently on our shelves waiting to be picked-up will be available for up to one week after re-opening.
Library Cards – We have extended the expiration dates for all patrons set to expire between March 1 and April 30 to August 1st.
- Donations – DO NOT drop donations into our return bins. DO NOT leave donations outside the library. We cannot safely handle donations at this time.
- Digital Content – Please explore our expanded digital content that includes Freegal, Hoopla, Kanopy, Tumblebooks, RBDigital, Universal Class, Ancestry, Consumer Reports, TumbleBooks, and other offerings, both on our website and through AskRI.
- Printing Needs – Wireless printing available through PrinterOn. Contact the Library at 401-846-1573 ext. 4 to request a release of your prints and to schedule a pickup. Leave a voicemail and all calls will be returned in a timely manner. Need help? We will do our best to walk you through this process remotely.