Middletown Public Library has expanded our In-Library Service Hours to include weekend hours.
APPOINTMENTS CONTINUE TO BE REQUIRED FOR COMPUTER USE ONLY
FRIENDS’ BOOKSTORE REMAINS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Middletown Public Library – Updated November 20, 2020
- Public access to the library building is now offered with safety restrictions in place. Public computer access will continue to be offered by appointment: use the same procedure as requesting curbside loans; call 401-846-1573 ext. 1; or email email@example.com to schedule your computer appointment. Drop-in appointments will be based on availability of public computers.
- Public access hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00am to 7:00pm and Fridays from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Weekend hours now consist of 10:00am to 5:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Sunday hours will be in effect from the Sunday following Labor Day through the Sunday before Memorial Day. The Library will also be closed on Sundays preceding a Monday Holiday. Use of Public Computers (by appointment) is now offered during all In-Library Service Hours.
- Bookstore : Due to the increased number of Covid 19 cases, the Bookstore is now closed until further notice.
- All current library services via phone, email, and website will continue; including curbside loan pickup.
- Revised Reopening RI Guidelines for Libraries updated 11/20/2020 by the RI Office of Library and Information Services:
- Capacity is 100sq.ft./person including staff; this translates to no more than 5 persons using the public computers and no more than 5 persons entering for circulation transactions in both the adult and children’s areas.
- Masks and health screenings are required for entry. Masks are to be worn at all times while in the library. Employees are self screened, visitors are directed to review the Reopening RI Covid-19 Screening Tool posted at the entrance. Entry is not permitted for any one “Yes” response per RIDOH.
- All browsing is contactless.
- Staff assisted circulation and self check out are both available.
- Access to technology, i.e. computers, copiers, printers, is restricted to 1 hour per appointment.
- In person reference assistance is available.
- Physical access to the children’s department, all book stacks, and a/v is available with limits of no more than 5 persons entering for circulation transactions in the adult and children’s areas, and restrictions of one patron/family per aisle.
- Currently there is no seating for quiet study, research, reading, meetings or tutoring sessions. Our wifi access is accessible from the parking lot in various areas.
Important Information for you to know about ongoing Library Services:
- Fines – Patrons will not be charged overdue fines from March 1, 2020 through February 25, 2021
- Holds – Ocean State Libraries has limited the number of holds that can be placed through the online catalog to 20 items per card.
- Donations – DO NOT drop donations into our return bins. DO NOT leave donations outside the library. We cannot safely handle donations at this time.
- Digital Content – Please explore our expanded digital content that includes Freegal, Hoopla, Kanopy,, RBDigital, Universal Class, Ancestry, Consumer Reports,, and other offerings, both on our website and through AskRI.
- Printing Needs – Wireless printing available through PrinterOn. Contact the Library at 401-846-1573 ext. 4 to request a release of your prints and to schedule a pickup. Leave a voicemail and all calls will be returned in a timely manner. Need help? We will do our best to walk you through this process remotely.