Register for the Summer Reading Program:
- Summer reading sign-ups start June 1st. Start collecting prizes for each level beginning on June 20th. Last day is August 10th.
- For infants – students entering grade 6.
- Visit the library to sign up and receive your reading log. You can also print out the reading log at home, and then register at the library.
- Choose to read or listen to any combination of 5-7 things – hours or books! You could read 2 hours + 5 books, or 7 books, or 7 hours, or 5 books + 2 hours…whatever you want to equal 7!
- Audiobooks, being read to, and even reading to someone else counts towards the summer reading log.
Summer Reading Prizes!
- Beginning June 20th, you can collect your prizes as you complete each level.
- Level 1: Read or listen to 5 books/hours – collect your reading certificate, free book of choice, and a coupon for local attractions.
- Level 2: Read or listen to 6 books/hours – reading champion tote bag and entry for $25 gift card raffles.
- Level 3: Read or listen to 7 books/hours – grand prize raffle entry for Kid’s Kindle Fire and other grand prizes.
- We also offer Weekly Reading Raffles beginning June 22nd. Registered Summer Reading participants can stop in each week to submit a raffle entry for that week’s $10 gift card prize to places such as Island Books, Island Cinemas, Newport Creamery, and more.
The statewide Rhode Island Summer Reading Program is supported by the RI Office of Library and Information Services, with funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Funding is also generously made possible by the Friends of the Middletown Public Library.